Thursday, September 11, 2008

Grocery Budgets...

Mommy Making Money posted a link to this cool chart on the USDA website that lists how much people of different ages should be able to eat for each month. There are four different price levels: thrifty, low-cost, moderate-cost and liberal. I am extremely happy to report that I feed my family of 6 (2 adults, a 13 year old girl, and 9, 6, and 2 year old boys) on well below the amount they list at the thrifty level! I calculated what I spent over the last four weeks on groceries and household products and I spent about $485. They say my family can eat thriftly (is that a word? LOL) on $767 per month! And I think that figure only includes food, not household products! I guess I won't feel too bad about the $185 I spent 2 weeks ago or the $150 I've spent this week... How much does the USDA suggest you can feed your family for and how are you doing compared to that?

No comments: