Monday, August 11, 2008

Ugh...

Back in May Ralphs changed their coupon policy. I have not stepped foot in a Ralphs since then. It was just announced that on August 20 Vons will follow suit. Currently Vons doubles coupons up to and including $1 (a $1 coupon will be $2, a $1.50 coupon will be $2.50, etc.) Under the new policy coupons .50 and under will be doubled, coupons between .51 and .99 will be rounded up to $1 and coupons $1 and over will be face value. Unfortunately most of the coupons I use are $1 or over. I will not shop at Vons once this policy takes affect. I urge all of you in So Cal to sign this petition. I'm not sure that it will do any good but it sure couldn't hurt. Vons has changed their coupon policy several times in the past and they always end up changing it back. But that was when Ralphs had the more generous coupon policy. Now, there won't be any reason to change it back since Ralphs will have the exact same policy. I also urge you NOT to shop at Vons or Ralphs either for that matter. The more shoppers they lose, the more money they lose. And hopefully if their bottom line is hit hard enough they will change their policies back.

I've never been more thankful for my stockpile as I am right now...

No comments: